I was recruited by Taco Bell to help them transform its eCommerce presences from an MVP solution to an enterprise level Omni-channel experience. When I first joined the company the site was heavily focused on branding and being uniquely "taco bell" but it wasn't optimized for eCommerce performance and online conversion. It was also built on a platform that was struggling to scale with the business both from a performance and functionality perspective.
To become more of a lifestyle brand, Taco Bell wanted to introduce a new DTC merchandise business called "Taco Shop". The challenge was building a completely new division of the business that didn't previously exist. We had to find a partner that could help us with product design, manufacturing, distribution and fulfillment.
Taco Bell launched a new line of branded tortilla chips which were being distributed in many retail stores across the nation. Our marketing team asked us to help build them a site to market our chips as well as offer a store locator so our fans could find their favorite chips.
Edelbrock wanted to make the jump from B2B to B2C by selling products directly to their consumers while at the same time driving customers to their B2B distributors.
After reviewing their business needs, I helped them to determine that Magento 2 was the right platform for their business. I helped Edelbrock to map out their project requirements and we partnered with Golden Communications to build the website due to their experience with Automotive eCommerce sites. Key features of this projects include:
- Advanced Year/Make/Model/Engine product filtering
- Site structured and optimized for SEO
- Integration with ERP & PIM systems
- Responsive mobile design
Orange County Royalty provides professional character rentals for events, specializing in Disney Princesses. At the time the were a Yelp based businesses handling payments via check or through PayPal invoices. OCR asked me to help them build an eCommerce site where they can handle event bookings and payment.
We leveraged Shopify to build an online booking website which enabled customer to shop online, book a character and pay online via credit card, PayPal and even Apple Pay. Key features of the project:
- Easy to use eCommerce platform
- Site fully optimized for SEO with local pages
- Full training client to manage site 100% on her own
Truck Adventures is a non-profit organization that hosts family events where kids can see, ride-in and play with real trucks from every walk of life. Truck Adventures wanted a way to support online ticket sales as well as in-person ticket sales, all pulling from the same system.
We leveraged Shopify to build a fully functional eCommerce site that seamlessly integrated with Shopify's POS system to handle in-person ticket sales. This was a complete redesign, development and Shopify setup project.
- Easy to navigate site with intuitive UI/UX
- Mobile friendly
- Ability to easily manage upcoming events
- Able to handle online and in-person ticket sales
- Support digital ticket sales with QR codes
- Required waiver acceptance prior to checkout
- Integration with Mail Chimp and Google Analytics
Three Day Tool is a supplier of Riveting tools for the trucking industry. Most of their sales were done over the phone but they wanted to invest into an eCommerce site to streamline their business and accept orders 24/7.
Thee Day Tool was a Magento 2.0 project that I originally started back when I was working at Golden Communications. Three Day Tool hired me as a consultant after I left Golden Communications to help them optimize their site and to provide eCommerce strategy to help them grow their online sales. Since we started working together I've helped them to increase their online sales by 41%, grew their conversion rate by over 28% and increased their average order value by 9.24%. Here are some of the key enhancements made to their site:
- Redesigned home page to increase conversion
- Optimized product search capabilities
- Redesigned product detail page
- Optimized product data to improve SEO and search results
- Improved up-sell, cross-sell and promotion of parts
Apria Direct is a division of Apria Healthcare which focuses on selling CPAP machines and accessories direct to their patients. They needed help building an eCommerce site that could integrate with their systems and meet HIPAA compliance.
Apria Direct was a Magento Enterprise project that I worked on while employed at Golden Communications. We basically fully built out a Magento site, then we integrated Magento to their medical equipment fulfillment warehouse to automate the order fulfillment process. We also integrated Magento with their ERP system to track customer status while staying HIPAA compliant.
- Warehouse fulfillment integration
- ERP integration for customer qualification status
- HIPAA compliant
- Payment processing through insurance policy integration
STILLEN is a leader in the aftermarket automotive performance parts industry. They came to GoldenComm looking for an eCommerce site that would help them to scale their online sales. The challenge was building a site that would support their 50,000+ product catalog with over 18,000 different Year, Make and Model fitment combinations.
This ended up being a highly customized Magento Enterprise Edition website that I worked on while employed at Golden Communications. I closed the deal, provided eCommerce strategy and oversaw the project. Some of the key custom features include:
- An easy to use Year/Make/Model filter
- Related, Cross-sell and Upsell products filtered by Year/Make/Model
- Highly custom shipping logic
- Mobile friendly interface
- Up-sell emails based on previous purchase history
- Cart recovery emails
Originally built on ASPdotNet Storefront, Finelinens.com is a high end home decor retailer that sells linens, sheets, towels and furniture. I worked on this site when I was employed at GoldenComm years ago. I helped this site with eCommerce strategy, online marketing support and eventually the client wanted to upgrade the site onto a more power eCommerce platform.
After leaving GoldenComm, Dave reached out to me and asked for advice on which platform her should pick. I convinced him to switch to Magento, mainly because his catalog and business needed were a good fit for the platform. GoldenComm helped Finelinens.com with the build, by the time I already left the agency. Some of the key features of this website are:
- Custom monogram feature
- Rewards program
- RMA functionality
- Ability to split shipments for drop ship orders
- Cart recovery emails
- Integration with Bronto for Marketing Automation
- Advanced auto suggestive search
Everyone knows Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley as the face of Total Gym. Total Gym at the time sold mainly through distributors or direct to Gyms, but they wanted an eCommerce site to help them grow their on line sales. The challenge was building them an eCommerce site that met their fulfillment requirements while at the same time providing a social content hub for the brand.
This was a highly customized ASPdotNet Storefront which was built to offer customers not only a site that they could purchase from, but rather an online community where they could learn about the product and watch instructional videos as well as schedule training courses. I was the Project Manager that oversaw this site when I was employed at GoldenComm. Here are some of the core features of this site:
- Multiple product detail templates with custom attributes
- CMS for products, events and videos
- Custom built event calendar and ticket system
- Facility and trainer locator functionality
- International distributor directory
- Custom lead generation forms with downloadable content
- Customized shipping logic
- Fully integrated social hub
Past Projects By Platform
* While employed at Golden Communications
** Built by Golden Communications